If you have a poor credit score, finding a personal loan can be difficult. You’re likely to be denied financing altogether, or if you can get a loan, it may have higher interest rates. Because those with poor credit don’t have many options, shopping around can be difficult. So how can you make sure you’re getting the best deal if your options are so limited?
One platform you may consider trying out is BadCreditLoans.com.
What is BadCreditLoans.com?
BadCreditLoans.com is a platform where people with bad credit can go to compare their options for loans. They match customers with lenders, even if those customers have bad credit. The company has been in operation since 1998, so they’re well-established.
They work with a number of different types of lenders, including traditional lenders, peer-to-peer lenders, and tribal loans.
There are several different types of loans that you can apply for via BadCreditLoans.com. You may want to use this platform if you need a personal loan, mortgage loans, mortgage refinancing, student loans, student loan refinancing, auto loans or any other unsecured loans.
The loans are unsecured, which means that you don’t need a down payment or any collateral. The terms of these loans can range from 3 months to 36 months.
Customers can look at many different loan options and make side-by-side comparisons of the loan terms, origination fee, interest rates, monthly payments and other fees.
BadCreditLoans.com gives some negotiating power back to people with poor credit since they don’t have to apply to every financial institution individually and can choose the lowest rates in one place.
This saves time and gives customers a realistic snapshot of just how limited their options for a personal loan are.
How Does BadCreditLoans.com Work?
BadCreditLoans.com does not offer loans directly. Instead, they’re a third party bringing together borrowers and lenders ready to provide loans to those with poor credit.
Customers start by going to the website and putting in their information. The form is short and simple and takes most customers less than two minutes to complete. Then, BadCreditLoans.com does a soft credit check on your credit before sending the information out to lenders for you to match with.
Lenders will send you pre-approvals, and on your BadCreditLoans.com dashboard, you’ll be able to compare the terms of these pre-approvals.
Terms of these pre-approvals are not guaranteed. Once you find a pre-approval you’re happy with, you need to apply officially, and that’s when a hard pull will be done on your credit.
The loan application process is all done directly through the BadCreditLoans.com website. Many lenders will allow you to negotiate the loan terms during the application process in order to secure the best rates.
Pros of BadCreditLoans.com
- Even for those with bad credit, no credit, or limited credit, BadCreditLoans.com matches many people with lenders.
- You have the ability to compare a number of pre-approvals all in one place. This saves time and gives people with poor credit more of their power back. You won’t feel pressured to take the first loan offer you get because you worry about not having any other options. You’ll be able to see all of your options, compare all of the terms, fees, and interest rates, and make the best choice for you and your financial goals.
- The website and mobile app have an excellent user interface and are very easy to use.
- BadCreditLoans.com is free. Users are not charged any fees for signing up or using the website when submitting their online form. There aren’t even any fees for applying for loans. Any fees that are charged will be from the lender that you choose. As a third-party platform, BadCreditLoans.com does not charge users anything.
- Lenders are vetted by BadCreditLoans.com. Of course, you should still research the lender you choose and read the terms and conditions of their offer carefully. But there is that additional peace of mind in knowing that BadCreditLoans.com has an internal process for screening lenders.
- You will receive your money very quickly. The average timeframe for customers to receive their money is 1-3 days, although according to customer testimonials, some have received their loan money the same day they applied. This is a huge benefit for people who need cash in hand right away and can avoid using credit cards or payday loans.
Cons of BadCreditLoans.com
- Anyone with a bad credit score of 500 or lower won’t be able to borrow more than $1,000 which is the minimum loan amount. So, while you will probably be able to get a loan even with poor credit, the loan is likely to be quite small.
- The maximum loan sizes are $10,000. Customers who need to borrow larger sums may want to look at comparable platforms or apply to lenders directly.
- Interest rates vary but tend to be on the higher side.
- These are short-term loans. The maximum term is 36 months.
- Using the website can result in phone calls from lenders, which can be a nuisance to many customers.
- BadCreditLoans.com has some bad reviews. The company has an F-rating on the Better Business Bureau website. Although, they also have no reviews and only two complaints. Seeing as they’ve been in operation since 1998 and have so few complaints, this rating may not reflect the company’s overall reputation and quality of service.
In order to use BadCreditLoans.com to make a loan request, customers must meet several criteria.
If you’re seeking a loan via BadCreditLoans.com, you need to be a U.S citizen and be at least 18 years old. You also need to have a regular income source, whether from full-time employment, social security number, unemployment, or self-employment earnings.
You must have a checking account, and you’ll need to provide a phone number and email address.
Anyone with any credit score (or even no credit) can use BadCreditLoans.com and apply for personal loans. However, if you have very poor credit, your interest rate may be very high (some loans have a rate of up to 36% depending on the lender), and you may only be approved for very small loans.
BadCreditLoans.com Rates and Fees
BadCreditLoans.com themselves charges no rates or fees. All rates and fees come from the lenders and these will be outlined in the loan agreement provided to you before you agree to the loan.
It should be noted that often the APR (Annual Percentage Rate) is quite high, but this will vary depending on the lender and your particular credit history.
Is BadCreditLoans.com a Scam?
Not at all! This company has been in operation since the late 90s and has had very few complaints. They do need to provide your information to lenders to give you pre-approval options, so this can result in annoying phone calls, but this isn’t the fault of BadCreditLoans.com.
They’re a third-party platform, and due to the service they perform, they have to collect your personal data and give it their network of lenders. What the lenders do with this information is up to them, so borrowers will have to decide for themselves how comfortable they are with this set-up.
Some customer complaints have speculated that this website may be a phishing scam since it requires customers to input their personal information. This simply isn’t true, though. This is a company that is over twenty years old and has established itself as a viable choice when searching out lenders.
It also wouldn’t be possible to match customers with lenders without asking for personal information, and any application for a financial service will need your personal information.
Is BadCreditLoans.com Right for You?
BadCreditLoans.com is a good option if you have poor credit or no credit and need money fast. This platform will work best for customers who need small loans that they plan to pay off quickly. The loans often have high-interest rates and short terms. The longest loan terms offered via BadCreditLoans.com are three years. So, if you can’t pay off the loan within three years, they won’t be a good fit for you.
You also may want to look elsewhere if you aren’t comfortable with your personal data being distributed to numerous lenders at once or if you don’t want to receive a lot of phone calls and follow up from lenders you don’t choose to borrow from.
For many borrowers, the hassle of a few spam calls will be worth the convenience of a centralized platform and the ability to compare loan terms and interest rates.
Wrapping It Up
BadCreditLoans.com is a platform where people with a low credit score or no credit can be matched with lenders for loans. BadCreditLoans.com has no fees of any kind. Any fees charged would come from the lender that you choose. This makes BadCreditLoans.com a very attractive choice for people who don’t have much money to spare.
The interest rates tend to be on the higher side, but this is to be expected for borrowers who have poor credit. BadCreditLoans.com gives borrowers a way to compare many different personal loan options.
Overall, this platform is a legitimate way to see what your options for a personal loan might be if you have a less than ideal credit history.