A poor credit score can hold you back. You may be dealing with a low credit score due to circumstances outside of your control, or the strikes against you may be from several years ago such as late payments on your credit cards. Now, here you are, wanting to clean up your finances, and the mistakes and errors of yesterday are weighing you down.
If this is the situation you find yourself in, you might be considering a credit repair service. CreditRepair.com is one such service with an excellent reputation and many positive customer reviews. But are they the right credit repair service for you?
In our CreditRepair.com review, we will explore who they are, the services they offer and if it’s worth it. Keep reading to learn more.
What is CreditRepair.com?
CreditRepair.com is a credit repair company that was started in 2012. They are based out of Seattle, and their primary service is identifying potential disputes for customers on their credit reports and then sending disputes and debt validation letters to creditors and other debt solutions.
Since its founding, CreditRepair.com has sent over 23 million disputes, resulting in over 7.5 million items being removed from their customers’ credit reports.
How Does CreditRepair.com Work?
Before signing up for a plan with CreditRepair.com, you can start with a free trial after speaking to their customer service. With this free trial, you get your credit report summary, an overview of the negative items on this report, and a game plan to raise your score.
After this, you may decide that you want to go ahead and sign up for one of their paid subscription plans. There are three plans to choose from and the one that works best for you will depend on your unique credit needs and your budget. Included in your free trial will be a suggestion for which of their tiered plans would best suit your needs.
CreditRepair.com pulls all three of your credit reports (Transunion, Equifax, and Experian). They then identify any potential inaccuracies or disputes.
Once they have a list of items to dispute, they contact the major credit bureaus and creditors to start the dispute process officially. If an item should have been taken off your credit report due to time limits (for example, bankruptcies must be removed from your credit report after 10 years), CreditRepair.com will ask the credit bureaus to remove these.
Debt validation letters can be sent on your behalf to creditors. If a creditor can not prove a debt is valid, it must be taken off your credit report.
CreditRepair.com will also dispute inaccuracies and other strikes against you.
Here are some of the items that CreditRepair.com may be able to remove from your credit report:
- Missed and late payments
- False accounts
- Out-of-date information (bankruptcies must be removed after 10 years and all other items after 7 years).
CreditRepair.com’s Pricing and Features
There are three different monthly plans to choose from. These are the Direct Package, the Standard Package, and the Advanced Package.
The Direct Package costs $69.95 per month, and there is a one-time setup fee of $69.95. With this plan, consumers will receive help filing credit disputes, quarterly credit scores, help with goodwill letters, and credit inquiry assistance.
The Standard Package costs $99.95 per month and has an initial setup fee of $99.95. The Standard Package includes all of the features of the Direct Package. In addition, customers of this monthly plan receive access to the FICO score credit inquiry assist service, which can help you dispute false or unjust inquiries of your credit.
The Advanced Package costs $119.95 per month and has an initial setup fee of $119.95. This plan comes with all of the same features as the Direct and Standard plans but also includes credit score updates every month, cease and desist letters sent to collections agencies, and more disputes and credit interventions on your behalf.
|Package||Set-Up Fee||Monthly Cost|
If you aren’t sure which plan would be best for you, you can go to CreditRepair.com, give them some of your information, get your credit score and a summary of potential items to dispute, and lastly, get a recommendation for which of these plans would be best to repair your credit.
When CreditRepair.com gives their recommendation, they also provide a breakdown of which actions should be taken so that you can see exactly how they’re justifying the recommendation.
CreditRepair.com Pros and Cons
- CreditRepair.com has an excellent reputation and has shown themselves to be highly capable in the field of credit repair and have had positive results.
- They have an affordable and straightforward pricing system that is easy to understand and gives customers affordable options.
- There is a couple’s discount. Couples don’t need to be legally married to receive this discount, so if you have a partner, you can each receive $50 off your first payment if you sign up together.
- They have a simple and efficient 3-step process. You know exactly what steps will be taken when you sign up for a subscription with CreditRepair.com. The work they do is very streamlined.
- They keep customers in the loop every step of the way with both text and email alerts.
- CreditRepair.com has an excellent online portal with many useful features. The personal online dashboard that CreditRepair.com provides to users has a ton of handy information, including your credit score and credit analysis. In addition to this online portal that can be used via a desktop, a mobile app provides even more convenience to users.
- Transunion credit score monitoring keeps customers informed of any changes or suspicious items.
- There is no money-back guarantee. No credit repair company can guarantee results, but many of CreditRepair.com’s competitors do offer customers their money back if they aren’t satisfied with the results. CreditRepair.com does not.
- They only provide credit monitoring of one of the credit bureaus. Other credit repair companies on the market offer monitoring of all three credit bureaus.
- They do not provide identity monitoring or protection. Other credit repair and credit monitoring companies also include identity monitoring and protection, but CreditRepair.com does not. This may not be a problem if you aren’t looking for identity protection. If you are concerned about identity theft, it may be worth your time to look into some of CreditRepair.com’s competitors that offer this service.
- They are not Better Business Bureau accredited and have a low rating on the BBB site. While they generally have a good reputation, CreditRepair.com is lacking this accreditation and they have some negative reviews. However, almost all negative reviews are from customers upset that items could not be removed from their credit reports. Results can never be guaranteed by any credit repair company, as ultimately, whether or not an item is removed is up to the discretion of the creditors and credit bureaus.
- CreditRepair.com is more expensive than some of their competitors, but they do offer a decent value considering they provide both credit repair and credit monitoring.
- As with any credit repair service, the monthly subscription fee may not be worth it to some customers because sending disputes and goodwill letters is something you can do yourself. If you have the time and energy and know a good deal about credit, then CreditRepair.com isn’t doing anything you couldn’t do from your couch. It may be worth it to hire experts because they may be able to spot things that you can’t and they know the best ways to increase your chances of having negative items removed.
Is CreditRepair.com Worth it?
For many people, the answer is yes. While you could theoretically send your own disputes and goodwill letters, this is a time-consuming process, and if you don’t have a background in credit, you’re likely to miss important details.
With CreditRepair.com, you also receive credit monitoring, which is an incredibly valuable feature in itself.
If you only want to check your credit score every once in a while and don’t have too many negative items on your credit report, the monthly fee may not make sense for you. But if you have extensive credit repair needs and want regular updates as disputes are sent on your behalf, CreditRepair.com might be a great option for you.
Other services in the credit repair industry such as Credit Saint, Lexington Law and Sky Blue Credit offer similar services to CreditRepair.com. Each of these companies have their own set of pros and cons, so it’s important to conduct your due diligence to see which service is right for you based on your credit situation.
What is the money-back guarantee?
CreditRepair.com offers no money-back guarantee.
Are all 3 credit bureaus monitored?
CreditRepair.com only monitors your credit report with one credit bureau, rather than all three like many of their competitors.
What is identity monitoring and protection?
Identity monitoring and protection is the process of tracking your personal information for suspicious or criminal activity. Many credit repair companies, including CreditRepair.com, also offer this service. However, CreditRepair.com does not.
If you are concerned about identity theft, it may be worth your time to look into some of CreditRepair.com’s competitors that offer this service.
What is the cost of membership?
The cost of membership varies depending on the plan that you choose. CreditRepair.com offers a variety of plans, all of which include credit repair and credit monitoring. As mentioned, you can start with a free consultation to see if the service is right for you.
What is the minimum credit score required?
CreditRepair.com does not have a specific minimum credit score requirement, but they recommend that you have a score of at least 500 in order to be eligible for their services.
What are the terms and conditions?
The terms and conditions of CreditRepair.com’s services can be found on their website. Before signing up for any credit repair service, be sure to read over these carefully.
Can Creditrepair.com really help with my credit?
Yes! Creditrepair.com is a credit repair company that can help you improve your credit score and repair your credit history. They have a team of experts who can help you dispute negative items on your credit report and increase your chances of having them removed.
How long will it take to see results?
The amount of time it takes to see the credit repair progress varies depending on your credit history and the severity of the negative items on your credit report. Generally, you should expect to see results within six to twelve months.
Wrapping It Up
CreditRepair.com provides assistance with credit repair and credit monitoring of consumers’ Transunion credit reports. They cost slightly more than some of their competitors, but they provide a good deal of value for that cost.
If you’re thinking about buying a monthly subscription to CreditRepair.com, the best place to start is by going to their website and getting your free credit score and negative item summary.
The credit repair process can be a daunting task, and many people don’t know where to start. There are countless credit repair companies out there, and not all of them are worthwhile.
It’s always important to do your research before choosing a credit repair company and think carefully about what you need from a credit repair service. CreditRepair.com has ad thousands of positive reviews and a great customer support team.
We hope this CreditRepair.com review was helpful. If you or a family member have a bad credit score, you can sign up for a free credit consultation and free credit score evaluation by clicking on the button below.