When it comes time to make a big purchase such as a house or a car or apply for a credit limit increase, a person’s credit score comes into play. When it is less than stellar, it can mean access to fewer lenders, higher interest rates, or even not obtaining a loan, mortgage, or credit increase.
A poor credit score can even affect employment chances. Many employers review an individual’s credit history as part of their pre-hiring process. If they see a candidate has a high level of debt during the review compared to the job’s starting salary, they may hesitate even to consider that person for the job.
Fortunately, there are concrete steps that individuals can take to improve their credit. One way is to send your own dispute letters to the different credit bureaus to challenge questionable or negative items on a credit report.
However, the process of writing dispute letters to creditors and credit bureaus can prove time-consuming and challenging and leave people looking for solutions. Here we review a software service called DisputeBee that can help automate the process of writing these dispute letters and track the responses received.
Keep reading our DisputeBee review to see if the service is worth it.
DisputeBee is a software program that provides value by streamlining generating letters to send to respective credit bureaus, lenders, banks, and other types of organizations to remove negative items from credit reports and repair credit.
DisputeBee got its start in 2018. The DisputeBee founder was looking to streamline his dispute letter writing process while looking for a way to start repairing his own credit.
When the software system he developed worked so well for him personally, he decided to offer it to others looking for the same type of help. So he launched DisputeBee as a professional credit repair solution that would empower individuals and businesses tasked with the same challenge.
Who Is DisputeBee For?
The DisputeBee software system offers solutions for individuals looking for a start to repair their credit, professional credit repair companies looking to streamline their business, and people looking to start a credit repair business.
Suppose you are an individual looking to repair your credit. You will need to start by disputing credit inquiries, late payments, bankruptcies, and other things that negatively affect your credit score.
DisputeBee works by taking your personal credit report and generating appropriate dispute letters that you can mail out to the credit bureaus. This step is one of the best ways to start the process to repair your credit.
DisputeBee also includes letter templates that you can use to send letters to credit card companies and other types of debt collectors.
For credit repair companies, DisputeBee software helps your business to run more smoothly, keep your customers happy, and generate more revenue. It keeps you organized by tracking all of your client information and sending out appropriate letters on their behalf.
The business software option provides you with a client portal and integrates client billing. It also integrates with Zapier to help you automate other aspects of your business and workflow.
How Does DisputeBee Work?
DisputeBee is a subscription-based software service that is easy to use for both an experienced credit repair business owners, someone looking to start a credit repair business, and individuals looking to repair their credit. Users pay a monthly fee based on the plan they choose—individual or business and can cancel it at any time.
Since DisputeBee is a credit repair cloud based software service, you do not need to download or install any software on your computer hard drive. All you need is the user name and password that you set up when you subscribe, and you can log in at any time to your account.
Once you have accessed the DisputeBee user interface, you can easily import credit reports, raise disputes, and generate the appropriate letters. After the system generates the letters based on the information from your credit report and what you want to dispute, you simply review the generated letter, print it out, and mail it to the respective bureau, lender, or other company.
You can also use the DisputeBee software to edit the automatically generated letter and make it more personal or add your own information.
Customers like that the DisputeBee system walks them through the entire process, and the interface is user-intuitive. The dashboard also helps you track replies, review responses you’ve received, and stay organized during the entire credit repair process.
To track your progress, you must upload the credit bureau response into DisputeBee and repeat the process for other responses that you receive, indicating whether they were approved or denied. Make sure that you follow up in DisputeBee every 30 to 45 days to see your results.
Users find that even if it takes multiple rounds of correspondence with a credit bureau, the end result after using DisputeBee is that the company removes the negative item from the individual’s credit report and, by default, improves their credit score and, over time will repair their credit score.
DisputeBee Pros and Cons
If you’re thinking about giving DisputeBee a try, you’ll want first to weigh the pros and cons to see if it makes sense for you or your business. After a review of the system, here is what we found.
Pros of DisputeBee:
- DisputeBee saves you money from traditional credit repair services. For individuals, DisputeBee’s monthly fee of $39.99 is lower than many other credit repair services, which can often cost you hundreds of dollars. If you are a credit repair business or starting such a business, the $99/month fee allows you to run your entire business and service an unlimited number of clients creating lucrative opportunities.
- User-friendly interactive dashboard. The easy-to-use dashboard allows you to access all of the software’s functions at the click of a mouse and gives you a quick overview of active disputes and current credit report status.
- Educational resources to help you through the dispute process. DisputeBee offers excellent resources to help you better understand the credit repair industry and process. It also includes onboarding materials and other types of educational videos to ensure your success.
- DisputeBee supports all three credit bureaus. The system’s software will generate letters for all three major credit bureaus—Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
- Helps customers leverage laws regarding credit reports. Many consumers do not realize that specific laws allow them to dispute items on their credit reports, even if they are not errors. DisputeBee has expertise in these types of laws, like the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and helps you leverage them to get actual results.
- Allows you to grow your business without limits. If you subscribe to the DisputeBee business plan, you are allowed to add unlimited members and create unlimited clients, meaning that you can grow your business as much as you need to without purchasing extra licenses or credentials.
- Automated credit dispute letters. Once you upload your credit report, you choose the items you want to dispute. DisputeBee will use this information to automatically generate a letter that you mail to the credit bureaus.
- Advanced Responses. Sometimes, it takes more than one round of correspondence to remove or correct an item on your credit report. DisputeBee will keep generating appropriate response letters until you remedy the dispute and repair your credit.
Cons of DisputeBee:
- People forget to follow up on their results. This con is not technically a DisputeBee issue but rather a user issue. Often users will not follow up on their results every 30 to 45 days as instructed, and they blame DisputeBee when they don’t see the results available for review. If DisputeBee could find an automated way to follow up on or review results, it would eliminate this issue.
- The individual plan is more limited than the business plan. Some DisputeBee users said in their review that the individual plan was slightly limited. Still, a look at the website shows that some new features will start to be added soon, such as educational credit material and the ability to dispute tax liens.
Is DisputeBee Worth It?
As far as other comparable services go, DisputeBee is definitely worth the investment whether you are looking to repair your own credit or you want to start a credit repair company.
For personal use, Individuals find that DisputeBee saves them both money and time giving them total control. Business users like that it allows for unlimited scalability of their business for a single monthly fee.
DisputeBee increases credibility with credit bureaus by providing professionally worded letters that effectively remove negative items from a credit report and repair credit rating. It also helps users better understand the letters they send out and why they are worded in a particular way.
Since DisputeBee does not require a commitment for a certain amount of time with the subscription, you are free to cancel once you’ve achieved your results or are not happy with the service.
Keep in mind that as an individual user, you most likely will need to subscribe to DisputeBee for several months to obtain actual results, as credit bureaus have up to 30 days to respond to dispute letters.
Wrapping It Up
Hopefully, this review of the DisputeBee software will help you decide whether it works for you or your business.
Removing a negative item from and trying to repair a credit report can prove timely and overwhelming. Creating effective letters to send to credit bureaus often takes a lot of research and expert knowledge that most people do not have. DisputeBee saw that issue and created a solution that is accessible to everyone.
DisputeBee makes a good option for individuals looking to tackle this process but do not know where to start. It is also comparable to or exceeds the value given by other similar types of credit repair software.
DisputeBee also makes an easiest way for entrepreneurs to start their own credit repair business, either as a full-time business or side hustle. It can also help to streamline the operations of existing credit repair businesses.
If you fall into either of these categories and are looking for an effective tool to help you repair your credit DisputeBee is one of the best credit repair software services available.