If you’re looking to buy a car and need to secure an auto loan, chances are you’ve heard of MyAutoLoan.com.
This third-party auto loan company is the middleman between borrowers and lenders. MyAutoLoan.com connects potential auto loan borrowers with lenders who specialize in these types of loans.
Borrowers will receive up to four auto loan lender matches, and they can select the loan that works for them.
Read on to discover if a loan through MyAutoLoan.com is the right option for you.
Who Is MyAutoLoan.com?
Founded in 2003 by Horizon Digital Finance LLC, MyAutoLoan.com is a marketplace for direct lending that solicits auto loan offers from lenders on behalf of the borrowers.
Borrowers are matched with auto loan lenders based on their financial profile and the lender’s evaluation methods.
Borrowers must complete an online application and fill out all relevant personal and car information.
MyAutoLoan.com will then match the borrower with up to four auto loans they are eligible for.
How Does MyAutoLoan.com Offer Auto Loans?
MyAutoLoan.com is a third-party provider connecting borrowers with auto loans. This loan marketplace offers freedom and flexibility to the loan process by allowing users to select whichever dealership or private seller they want.
Those approved for a loan through MyAutoLoan will receive a check or online certificate and can use that to buy or refinance their desired vehicle.
As a marketplace with many lenders, they take the hassle of comparing preliminary auto loan offers.
To be considered for a loan through MyAutoLoan.com, borrowers must fill out an online application and provide all relevant information.
Personal information needed for the application process that includes Social Security number or ITIN, address, phone number, email, birthdate, housing status, housing payment, employment status, and employer name.
Vehicle information such as year, make, model, and mileage will also be needed.
After completing the application, the site will run a soft credit check before matching the borrower up with up to four lenders. This action does not impact your credit score but selecting a lender will.
Auto loan lenders will often run a hard credit inquiry before finalizing your loan offer, which can temporarily lower credit scores.
MyAutoLoan.com Financing Products and Loan Details
There are various auto loan types on MyAutoLoan available to qualified buyers. These include:
- New car loan
- Used car loan
- Auto refinancing loan
- Private party loans
- Lease buyout loans
- Motorcycle loan
New car loan
New car loans are available for qualified applicants, and they can receive funding within 24 hours of application submission. These new car loans can be used at any car dealership.
Used car loan
The process of obtaining used car loan offers is very similar to receiving a used car loan offer. The only changes come with car specifications: the used car cannot have more than 100,000 miles or be more than eight years old.
Auto refinancing loan
If you already have your car, you can receive funds to refinance it through MyAutoLoan. Qualified borrowers will receive up to four loan offers.
Private party loan
Not purchasing through a dealer? No problem. Borrowers can obtain a loan to use for a private car purchase.
If you’re looking to end your car’s lease by owning the vehicle outright, MyAutoLoan can help. They will provide a loan to pay off the remaining balance on your current lease so that you can own the car.
Motorcycle loans are also available through MyAutoLoan, as are loans for sports bikes, touring bikes, cruisers, and other forms of transportation.
MyAutoLoan provides many loan options to prospective borrowers, but there are some benchmarks that borrowers need to reach to be eligible for any of their loans.
MyAutoLoan.com Factors to Consider
If you’re considering obtaining a loan through MyAutoLoans.com, keep these factors in mind:
- Minimum loan amounts
- Borrower information
- Car requirements
Minimum loan amounts
There are minimum limits to how much the loan can be for. The minimum loan amount that can be borrowed is $8,000, and $5,000 for a refinance loan. If you need less money than this, consider checking out other loan provider offerings.
There are minimum requirements that must be met in order for borrowers to be eligible to receive loans through MyAutoLoan.com.
All applicants and co-applicants must be at least 18 years of age or at least the minimum age in their state.
MyAutoLoan’s loans are not available in Alaska or Hawaii.
Prospective borrowers cannot have any open bankruptcies.
To prequalify, borrowers must earn at least $21,000 per year, or at least $18,000 for refinancing loans.
Borrowers must have a FICO score of at least 575.
MyAutoLoan is a great option if you want to have the freedom to choose your own car dealership or private party, but there are a few stipulations on what type of car you can select.
Any vehicle purchased must be eight years old or newer, and it cannot have more than 100,000 miles on it.
Also, depending on the lender offering the loan, a car down payment may need to be made.
Pros and Cons of MyAutoLoan.com
MyAutoLoan.com is a great option for buyers looking to receive multiple auto loan offers. However, this site does come with some drawbacks.
- Offers loans for private purchases
- Applicants can receive up to four lender matches for the most favorable terms
- Application approval can take as little as 30 seconds
- Website lists the lowest daily loan terms
- Allows co-signers
- Social Security number is required when submitting the initial application
- Not available in some states
- May result in contact from multiple lenders
- MyAutoLoan.com has limited customer service
- Minimum credit score required
Pros and Cons Explained
- Offers loans for private purchases: Not every loan provider offers loans for private purchases. MyAutoLoan.com allows its borrowers to find loans that allow them to buy a car away from a dealership.
- Applicants can receive up to four lender matches: Multiple lender matches mean better interest rates for borrowers. In addition, borrowers are able to select from multiple loan options and choose the lower interest rates.
- Application approval can take as little as 30 seconds: This fast turnaround time means there is little wait between applying for loans and receiving loan offers. Borrowers are able to receive the loan quickly and can then purchase their desired car.
- Website lists lowest daily rates: MyAutoLoan.com lists their lowest daily rates on its main page, so borrowers have an immediate idea of what is available to them.
- Allows co-signers: Not every loan offerer accepts co-signers. MyAutoLoan makes it easy for those who may not have the most money or best credit to obtain a loan that works for them.
- Social Security number is required when submitting the initial application: Personal information like your Social Security number and housing information is necessary when filling out the loan application.
- Not available in some states: MyAutoLoan does not offer loans to those residing in Alaska or Hawaii but does in every other state.
- May result in contact from multiple lenders: If your application has been approved and multiple lenders reach out, you may continue to receive messages from those lenders.
- MyAutoLoan.com has limited customer support: While there are few negative reviews regarding what support it offers, MyAutoLoan is not known for having ample customer support. As a result, if an issue arises, it may take some time to resolve.
- Minimum credit score required: Potential borrowers must have a credit score of at least 575 to be considered for a loan. Loans will have better interest rates for those with higher credit scores.
MyAutoLoan.com and Credit Scores
In order to be eligible for a loan through MyAutoLoan.com, you must have a credit score of at least 575.
With a credit score of 575, borrowers are eligible for loans, but they will receive higher interest rates when compared to those with better credit scores.
Your credit score directly correlates to your offered interest rate, so it’s important to have as high a credit score as possible to avoid higher interest rates.
MyAutoLoans.com will complete a soft credit check that will not impact your credit score.
When you receive any type of loan, including auto loans, your lender will complete a hard credit check that will impact your credit score. You can expect your credit score to drop by a few points after they check your credit.
Be sure about the lender you choose: they will complete a hard credit pull if you decide to move forward with their offer. If you back out and select a different lender, a second hard credit pull will need to be made.
There is no set minimum credit history, as most qualifications vary by different lenders.
MyAutoLoan.com Review and Reputation
MyAutoLoan has a positive reputation in the auto loan industry.
It has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and there are very few negative customer reviews or complaints.
They have over 750 reviews on Trustpilot and a 4.3 out of 5.0 rating.
One positive MyAutoLoan reviews describes the savings she experienced after receiving a good loan offer. She wrote:
“I found [myAutoloan.com] very helpful in finding my new finance company to refinance my vehicle. I am very satisfied with the outcome. My new company is saving me more than $200 a month on vehicle payments.”
– Carol via Trustpilot
Is MyAutoLoan.com Worth It?
Simply put: yes, MyAutoLoan.com is worth it.
They easily and conveniently match borrowers with multiple financial institutions, enabling them to make the best decision possible.
MyAutoLoan.com is a great option for those with average credit looking to obtain multiple auto loan offers.
With an A+ rating from BBB and over a four-star review, MyAutoLoan.com is a great choice for those seeking an auto loan, especially those with mid-level credit.
Unless you are looking for a low loan amount, MyAutoLoan could be the best place for all of your auto loan needs.
Wrapping It Up
If you’re looking for auto loan lenders, look no further.
MyAutoLoan.com is a reputable auto loan marketplace that only offers borrowers competitive interest rates for deals that they are qualified for.
With positive ratings and reviews abound, MyAutoLoan is a great platform for borrowers with bad credit looking to receive a great auto loan deal.