Finding the best loan can be a frustrating and time-consuming process. For example, if you want to get a personal loan, the process requires filling out numerous applications, researching lenders to find the best loan terms and APR, and if you have less than stellar credit, you might go through all of this just to be denied.
Many consumers with poor credit find themselves in this boat. They need a loan but know their options are limited, and with it already being likely they’ll only qualify for higher APRs, they don’t know how to ensure they get the best loan terms.
This is where lending platforms come in. A lending platform acts as a middle man between consumers searching for loans and the lenders who may be willing to grant them loans.
One such platform is PersonalLoans.com. Let’s dig into this platform, so you know what to expect and can decide if PersonalLoans.com is a viable option for you.
What is PersonalLoans.com?
PersonalLoans.com is a platform where consumers are matched with loans. PersonalLoans.com works with a variety of different lenders, including traditional lenders, peer-to-peer lenders, and tribal lenders.
Consumers don’t receive loans from PersonalLoans.com. Instead, the site simply facilitates the process and makes the application process simpler and faster.
PersonalLoans.com is a useful resource for people with bad credit score hoping to secure a personal loan.
How Does PersonalLoans.com Work?
If you decide to seek a personal loan via PersonalLoans.com, the process is relatively straightforward. All you do is go to the website, click on ‘Personal Loans’, and fill out an online form with some personal information (such as social security number, date of birth, etc) and loan request.
This only takes a couple of minutes. PersonalLoans.com will want to know some details about your finances and they will ask about the personal loan you’re seeking.
After entering your basic information, you can have potential loans in front of you in as little as 30 seconds. The application process takes no time at all.
Consumers should be aware that while PersonalLoans.com only does a soft pull on your credit during this initial step, they send your information out to the lenders in their network once they identify potential matches for you, and those lenders may decide to do a hard pull. Because of this, the application can sometimes cause a drop in your credit score.
Once PersonalLoans.com has found you potential loans, you can then read through the terms of each loan, compare elements such as term length and Annual Percentage Rate (APR), and decide which of the loans may be right for you, usually the lowest rates.
At this point in the process, the loans presented to you are only pre-approvals. Once you find the best loan, you’ll need to go through the actual application process directly with the lender.
PersonalLoans.com Financing Products and Loan Details
There are a few different loan types that consumers may be offered when using PersonalLoans.com.
Personal Bank Loan
A personal bank loan is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a personal loan supplied by a bank. For this reason, if you already have a bank in mind, it may make more sense to go directly to the bank yourself without going through a third-party lending site. However, if you want to compare multiple loans at once and see all of your options, PersonalLoans.com could be a great resource for your personal loan search.
Another option that PersonalLoans.com offers is peer-to-peer loans.
This type of loan is not offered by a bank or financial institution but by investors. These investors can be individuals are companies.
Personal Installment Loans
Lastly, there are personal installment loans. This type of loan is the most common. These personal loans are paid back in installments, usually in monthly payments. Tribal loans are personal installment loans that consumers may be offered through PersonalLoans.com.
By including tribal lenders in their network, PersonalLoans.com can provide consumers with many different options that consumers may not have otherwise had. If you’re considering a tribal loan, take care in reading the loan agreement terms and conditions.
Tribal loans are offered by sovereign Native American nations and therefore aren’t privy to the same rules and regulations as other loans. For example, tribal loans will not have the same maximum limits on APR.
Regardless of which loan you choose, it’s important to do your due diligence and find the loan that best suits your needs. Things to keep in mina include borrowing what you monthly income can afford to repay, repayment terms, and other financial obligations you may have. In short, this loan is supposed to help you, not put you further in debt.
PersonalLoans.com Rates and Fees
- Loans range in size from 1,000-$35,000.
- The interest rate will likely range from 5.99%-35.99%. We say “likely” because, with tribal lenders, the APR may be higher.
- Lending periods range from 90 days to 72 months.
- Consumers need a minimum credit score of 580 to use PersonalLoans.com.
- Minimum income requirements are $2,000 per month for peer-to-peer and personal installment loans and $3,000 per month for bank loans.
- The origination fee can vary, and consumers should read all terms before agreeing to any loans.
- Consumers usually receive their loan funds within 1-4 business days for peer-to-peer and bank loans. Borrowers who take out personal installment loans often receive their funds the next day.
PersonalLoans.com Pros and Cons
- This platform is free to use. You don’t have to pay any fee to apply and get pre-approved by lenders.
- PersonalLoans.com is an excellent option for those with a lower credit score. While you need a minimum score of at least 580, it’s still a great resource if you don’t have perfect credit. You could have a score in the upper 500 or lower 600 range and be matched with many lenders.
- It saves you time since you can fill out one short application and get a plethora of pre-approvals in as little as 30 seconds. You don’t have to fill out dozens and dozens of applications hoping for approval. Instead, you fill out one form with a small amount of information, and then you get a bunch of loan options delivered to you.
- PersonalLoans.com helps borrowers get the best deal. You can compare and contrast all of the terms of each loan to ensure you get the best APR and that the loan terms make sense for your financial goals and needs.
- The terms of all loans are fixed, so the APR won’t vary.
- Fees can be high, depending on the lender you choose. It’s essential to read all the terms carefully before selecting a lender.
- The APR range can be on the higher side. If you only qualify for higher rates, the APR could be as high as 35.99%. It could even be higher than that if you borrow from a tribal lender.
- Applying may lower your credit score since lenders in PersonalLoans.com’s lending partners may do a hard pull on your credit. PersonalLoans.com is a third party, so they send your information to their network and may not be privy to how the lenders utilize that information.
PersonalLoans.com Reviews and Reputation
PersonalLoans.com has a generally positive reputation. They have a B+ rating on the Better Business Bureau website and are rated 4.17 out of 5 stars as of May 2022.
The site has many positive reviews, with many the negative reviews from people who didn’t feel comfortable giving their information to a third-party site. However, positive reviews cite the ease of the application process and many customers are happy with the numerous loan options they were matched with.
Is PersonalLoans.com Worth It?
Many people who need a personal loan quickly will find PersonalLoans.com well worth it. If you have lower credit and limited options for loans, PersonalLoans.com is a platform that could save you a lot of time and effort.
You’ll get the chance to compare a number of different loans and make sure that you’re getting the best deal. This could save you money in interest payments, as you could get a loan with a better APR.
If you have limited time, need money as soon as possible, and have a credit score on the lower side, PersonalLoans.com is definitely worth your time.
It only takes a couple of minutes to get your pre-approval. If you’re comfortable giving your information to a third-party platform and you’re willing to risk temporarily lowering your credit score, then it’s worth seeing which loans and lenders PersonalLoans.com can match you with.
How long does it take to get approved for a loan through PersonalLoans.com?
PersonalLoans.com boasts that you can get pre-approved for a personal loan in as little as 30 seconds. After filling out the short online application, you should start receiving a loan offer from lenders in their network.
How does PersonalLoans.com make money?
PersonalLoans.com makes money by charging borrowers a fee for using their platform. The fee is a percentage of the loan amount and is paid to PersonalLoans.com when you get your loan funds.
Is PersonalLoans.com legitimate?
PersonalLoans.com is a legitimate platform that connects borrowers with lenders. PersonalLoans.com is not a lender, but they do have a network of lenders that they work with.
What’s the maximum loan amount I can get through PersonalLoans.com?
The maximum loan amount you can get will depend on the lender that you’re matched with. PersonalLoans.com works with lenders who offer loans from $1,000 to $35,000.
What’s the minimum credit score I need to qualify for a loan through PersonalLoans.com?
The minimum credit score you need will depend on the lender that you’re matched with. PersonalLoans.com works with lenders who offer loans to people with various credit type. They even can approve with scores as low as 580.
What is PersonalLoans.com’s BBB rating?
PersonalLoans.com has a BBB rating of B+.
Is PersonalLoans.com accredited by the BBB?
PersonalLoans.com is not accredited by the BBB.
Wrapping It Up
PersonalLoans.com doesn’t lend money directly, but they do help borrowers find lenders. Through their robust network, borrowers are matched with a myriad of different types of lenders and loans regardless of credit history. The APR can be on the higher side for many borrowers, but some borrowers qualify for an APR as low as 5.99%.
Before choosing a lender, make sure to read all the terms and conditions. PersonalLoans.com has nothing to do with fees charged by the lenders in their networks, so you’ll want to be on the lookout for any surprise charges or unexpectedly high fees.
That being said, as long as you do your research and are conscientious, PersonalLoans.com can be a great option in your personal loan search.
So wether you need a loan for a home improvement project or need a debt consolidation loan, PersonalLoans.com offer different types of personal loans with the best rate for you needs.
We hope you found this PersonalLoans.com review helpful and if you have any questions, you can the visit the website by clicking on the button below.