A poor credit score can hold a person back in a multitude of ways.
You need a strong credit score for most of the essential things in life, from buying a house to financing a car. Some employers even check an applicant’s credit score as a part of the background check process.
So, what can you can do if your credit score is low?
There are a few steps involved in repairing one’s credit:
- Reviewing your credit reports
- Disputing items that should not be on your credit reports
- Building good credit by implementing and maintaining positive habits
For many, this process is much less daunting with the help of a reputable credit repair agency on their side.
Let’s look at one well-known credit repair company: Sky Blue Credit Repair. We will review who Sky Blue Credit Repair is, the services they offer, what the costs are, and if it’s worth it.
Who is Sky Blue Credit Repair?
Sky Blue Credit Repair is a credit repair company located in Boca Raton Florida that operates in all 50 states and has been in business since 1989. They currently have an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau website.
They have a generally positive reputation. However, many of the negative reviews express disappointment that Sky Blue Credit Repair could not remove valid items from their credit reports (something that no reputable credit repair service would ever claim to be able to do).
As many credit repair companies do, Sky Blue Credit Repair doesn’t have tiered services. Instead, they have one all-inclusive package. The primary service they offer is finding items on customers’ credit reports that are potentially disputable and then contacting the respective agencies to ask that the items be removed.
Sky Blue Credit Repair will dispute up to 5 items per credit bureau-so that’s 15 items total-every 35 days. This 35 day pace is very rapid compared with the more common 45 day pace of other companies and means you get more value from your membership over time.
What Items Can Sky Blue Credit Repair Remove?
Sky Blue Credit Repair works to remove items by going through your credit report, flagging potential disputes, and then handling these disputes with the major credit bureaus on your behalf. Once the disputes have been sent out, Sky Blue Credit Repair generally waits about 30 days and then follows up with creditors again.
If a dispute is not successful, Sky Blue Credit Repair will often resubmit the dispute until it is resolved. Let’s review the items that Sky Blue can remove from a credit report.
Inaccurate Debts and Accounts
Sometimes errors are made, and an individual’s debt or account is incorrectly attributed. False debts and accounts can also be the result of identity theft. Sky Blue Credit Repair will work to have these removed from your credit report as soon as possible by sending debt validation letters.
Late Payments or Accounts if they are older than seven years
After seven years, negative information like accounts that went to collections, late or missed payments, and other common strikes against individuals must be removed from a credit report.
Bankruptcies and Tax Liens if they are older than 10 years
After a decade, these two serious marks against your credit have to be taken off your credit report.
The same inquiry can’t be made more than once. Sky Blue Credit Repair can have this removed from your credit reports if an inquiry is repeated.
Sky Blue Credit Repair Pricing
As stated before, there aren’t tiers to this service. Everyone pays the same $79 per month. Couples pay $119 per month.
There is no additional charge or initial fee tacked on to the basic service. Even without tiered pricing, the service is still customizable and tailored to each customer’s needs.
If a customer needs extra assistance, this is included in the $79 monthly fee.
Several aspects of Sky Blue Credit Repair’s pricing model make them stand out from their competition.
Sky Blue is the only company we have found with an unconditional 90 day guarantee. If you are not satisfied during the first 90 days, you may request a refund. Most companies guarantee are voided by a single deletion.
If you sign up with a partner, the second person only pays $50 per month, making $119 for couples. Couples do not need to be married to take advantage of the Couples Discount.
Ability to pause membership
If you aren’t using Sky Blue Credit Repair for a length of time, you can easily pause your membership via the online portal. Then, once you’re ready to start your membership up again, it only takes a few clicks, and you have Sky Blue Credit Repair’s services available to you again.
Sky Blue Credit Repair Pros and Cons
We completed an extensive review of Sky Blue Credit Repair’s Pros and Cons to help you decide if this service is worth investing in.
- One all-inclusive price and no extra charges if additional services are needed.
- An excellent customer service team tells customers when they may not be able to help with credit repair goals.
- Customers can pause membership or cancel at any time with no cancelation fees.
- Sky Blue Credit Repair will dispute items on your credit report on your behalf.
- Sky Blue Credit Repair will send goodwill letters to attempt to have items removed from your credit reports.
- Free monthly credit reports
- Cease and Desist letters sent to creditors on your behalf. Sky Blue Credit Repair will send these to get collection efforts to stop while they dispute erroneous credit report items and work with you to repair and rebuild your credit.
- Credit Educational Resources. Sky Blue Credit Repair provides consultations to customers to help them learn more about healthy financial habits. They also have a plethora of educational resources available via their online portal.
- Debt Validation. Sky Blue Credit Repair will send letters to creditors asking them to verify a debt is valid. If the debt is not proved to be valid, then it must be removed from your credit report.
- Sky Blue Credit Repair saves customers time. Much of what Sky Blue Credit Repair provides, customers could do themselves. Customers could go through their credit reports, send their dispute letters, and put in the legwork to learn more about rebuilding their credit. However, going this alone is likely to be a time-consuming process. Sending dispute letters and following up, possibly numerous times, could take hours upon hours of your valuable time. Instead, many people would leave this stuff to the experts and spend their time doing something more enjoyable than chasing creditors around.
- Help with Debt Settlement. It can often save you money if you pay off debt strategically. Sky Blue Credit Repair will consult with you on saving the most money when paying off debts. They may even be able to petition to have the debt removed from your credit report upon payout.
- Credit repair can often be done by customers themselves. For this reason, many may see the service as unnecessary. Sky Blue Credit Repair is likely not worth the money for customers who are already knowledgeable about healthy financial strategies and how to dispute items on their credit report.
- Sky Blue Credit Repair is most valuable to people with poor credit. For those who don’t have particularly bad credit, Sky Blue Credit Repair may not be helpful in meeting your financial goals.
- Customer service has limited hours. Sky Blue Credit Repair can be contacted via their online portal 24/7, but to speak to a representative over the phone, customers will have to wait until their business hours, which are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
How Sky Blue Credit Repair Helps the Factors That Impact Your Credit Score
Your credit score is made up of 5 factors. They include:
Payment History: This category accounts for 35% of your credit score. Late payments will have a negative impact on this category. If you have any missed or late payments listed on your credit report, these should be disputed to remove the negative mark from your score.
Credit Utilization: This accounts for 30% of your score. Your credit utilization is how much of your available credit you are using. In other words, if you have a $1,000 limit on your card and a $300 balance, you would have a 30% credit utilization. Keeping this number at or below 30% will help prevent excessive interest charges while also keeping your score relatively high.
Length of Credit History – This accounts for 15% of your credit score. Taking out a major loan such as a mortgage or car loan will help your credit because it will establish a long credit history.
Credit Mix: This accounts for 10% of your credit score. Having various types of accounts (credit cards, loans, etc.) and opening up several lines of credit over time will work in your favor.
New Credit: This accounts for 10% of your credit score. Opening and closing new accounts within a short period of time (6 months or less) will lower this category.
Your Sky Blue Advisory team will help you improve your credit by making sure all the information contained in your credit report is accurate.
They will also help you dispute any negative items that should not be on your report, such as late payments or missed payments that were made up for and paid in full.
They will also help you understand your score and how to improve it. Finally, they will advise you on strategies and tools that can be used to help manage credit and make sure bills get paid on time.
How Long Does it Take For Sky Credit to Improve Your Credit?
Everyone’s situation is different, but many Sky Blue Credit customers report improvements within 90 days. And as mentioned above, Sky Blue Credit has a very rapid pace of disputes, sending rounds of disputes out to the credit bureaus every 35 days. This compares favorably with the industry norm of 45 days, so you can expect to see more disputes sent more often.
In some cases, you may be able to see an improvement in your credit score within 30 days. However, it is more common to see a significant improvement after 90 days of using Sky Blue Credit Repair’s services.
Sky Blue Credit Repair’s team of professionals has seen excellent results for many clients. In some cases, they have been able to get rid of negative items from a client’s credit reports by getting creditors to voluntarily remove these items without going through a formal dispute process.
However, it is essential to remember that this is not always possible and depends on how disputed accounts are currently listed on your report. Sometimes, creditors will not accept disputes unless submitted through the formal dispute process.
For clients to see the biggest improvement in their credit scores, though, it is best to remove negative items and add positive items to your report.
What are Sky Blue Customers Saying?
Customer testimonials are one of the best ways to determine how effective a credit repair company is. For this reason, we have included several customer testimonials in our Sky Blue Credit Repair reviews so you can hear what our clients have to say about us.
“Sky Blue Credit Repair saved my life! They were professional and courteous every time I interacted with them. They were always available to answer my questions and kept me up-to-date on the progress of my case. I will recommend them to anyone, anytime! Thank you Sky Blue Credit Repair for helping me get back on course!” — James R., CA
“I was referred to Sky Blue by a friend who had great things to say about their services. Thanks to Sky Blue Credit Repair, I was able to get back on track with my finances and fix the mistakes that were made along the way. They helped me build my credit score up after it had taken a hit.” — Ben C., NY
“I am very satisfied with my experience using Sky Blue Credit Repair. They did a good job of taking care of all of my credit repair needs. My credit score went up by over 100 points in just 6 months! I am so thankful to them for their expertise and friendly customer service!” — Jordan G., AZ
While these customer reviews paint a very positive picture it’s important to note that everyone has a different financial situation.
Is Sky Blue Credit Repair Worth It?
If you have poor credit and don’t have the time or financial savvy to review your credit reports and submit disputes, then Sky Blue Credit Repair could be a solid option for your credit restoration. As well as credit repair, customers also get one-on-one free consultation and access to a library of financial education resources.
Rather than tiers of pricing, all customers get their particular needs met for $79 per month or $119 a month for couples, with no extra charge. In addition, the 90-day money-back guarantee removes a lot of the risk of trying Sky Blue out.
Wrapping It Up
Sky Blue Credit Repair is a solid option for those with poor credit who want to improve their FICO score.
With a BBB A+ rating, Sky Blue has a reputation in the credit repair industry for helping customers get back on track. Their one-on-one consultations and financial education resources are an added bonus. Plus, there’s no risk involved with the 90-day money-back guarantee!
The credit repair process can be difficult. If you have poor credit and are ready to start raising your credit score, Sky Blue Credit Repair will likely be able to help you improve your financial well-being. Along with Credit Saint, They have one of the best credit repair services for you needs and is reasonably priced.
We hope this Sky Blue Credit Repair Review answered several questions. If you’d like to learn more about Sky Blue Credit Repair, click here.