If you’ve been denied from traditional banks, we have the best no ChexSystems banks for you.
Not everyone is accepted by traditional banks, which can be frustrating when you need to open a bank account. We know it can be challenging to find a new bank that will accept your application, so we did all of the research for you.
You deserve access to a financial institution just like everyone else does, and now there are more options than ever before!
The good news is, finding an account has never been easier with our list of no ChexSystems banks. These accounts will help you manage your money much easier than ever before.
Best of all, these accounts come with debit cards, so using them is easy as well as safe because they work just like any other debit card out there today.
Let’s dive into our list of the best banks that don’t use ChexSystems and the advantages for each.
Best No ChexSystems Banks
Chime is a new way to do banking in an online digital world. Unlike most traditional banks and credit unions, Chime does not rely on unnecessary fees like initial sign-up fees, monthly maintenance fee, overdraft fees, etc. for their online checking account.
However, technically speaking, Chime is not a bank. Instead, Chime works as a financial technology company that can provide banking services. This is possible because Chime partners with regional banks to create banking services that benefit their members.
Benefits of banking with Chime:
- You never have to worry about paying unnecessary fees like sign-up fees, service fees, or ridiculous overdraft fees
- No minimum deposit requried
- Get your paycheck deposited into your account up to 2 days early with Chime’s direct deposit
- Improve your bad credit with Chime’s Credit Builder program
- One of the best checking accounts on this list
SoFi recently received a charter to become a national bank, providing SoFi additional legitimacy in the banking world. They are a financial technology company that offers financial products to their members to help them gain control of their money and their credit.
They have been in business since 2011 with over 2.5 million members. They pride themselves on putting their member’s financial security first.
As a member of SoFi, you gain access to their professional and credentialed financial advisors, referral bonuses for any friends you bring over to SoFi, and member discount rates.
Benefits of banking with SoFi:
- The accessibility to work with a credentialed financial advisor to build a personalized financial map to build your credit and take control of your finances
- Access to their unemployment protection program that allows you to temporarily modify loan agreements while you search for your next job
- Join the exclusive SoFi online community that comes with various networking events and lifetime experiences
- Easy to use mobile app
Current prides itself as another financial technology company that is not a traditional bank. Instead, their primary financial service uses their mobile banking app and debit card that provides their members with financial education, budgeting, and early direct deposits.
They offer a hassle-free sign-up process that takes less than 5 minutes to access their financial services. They were built on the idea and dream to make banking easy, accessible, and affordable to everyone.
Benefits of banking with Current:
- Get your paychecks up to 2 days earlier than expected, giving you more time with your well-earned money
- You don’t have to worry about any hidden fees, overdraft fees, or even minimum balance requirements
- You can set up an automatic savings routine that will completely remove the hassle of trying to remember to personally transfer money into a savings account each time you get paid
LendingClub was founded in 2007 and reinvented the way people bank and get personal loans. Not only do they operate as a personal loan lending company that is willing to work with anyone, but they also operate as an investing company.
Meaning if anyone is seeking a sound and legitimate company to invest their money with a promise of an ROI, they can invest their money into the LendingClub Banking system.
LendingClub’s mission is to change the way people approach personal loans and debt consolidation in a way that doesn’t leave their members hurting for money due to hidden fees or unfair interest rates.
Benefits of Banking with LendingClub:
- You can get a personal loan up to $40,000 to consolidate any current debts you have all into one singular loan at a lower rate than your previous debts and loans
- No monthly fees for many of their products
- Invest your money into LendingClub’s system with a guaranteed .075% APY on your first $20,000
People’s Cash Solution considers itself a “ second chance checking account ” for people who have bad credit and would normally be declined by a regular bank.
Once you’ve created an account with their online banking system, you will gain access to their banking system that will allow you to have a checking account with a debit card without the insane fees other banks will charge you because of your bad credit.
Benefits of Banking with People’s Cash Solution:
- You don’t have to worry about being denied a checking account or debit card with them because they don’t make their member decisions based on your ChexSystems report
- You will receive a free Debit MasterCard and free checkbook when you create your checking account with them
- The only fee you will ever have to pay is a small $4.95 monthly service fee
Varo is a non-discriminating digital consumer bank built on the belief that your bank should be up-front and completely transparent with you, which works for you to help you become financially stable and healthy.
A visit to their website will list all the fees they charge their members (which there aren’t many fees they do charge) to make banking with them possible.
Since its founding in 2015, Varo has put itself on the fast track to becoming the world’s first digital consumer bank that faces the financial inequality that traditional banks impose on their members.
Benefits of banking with Varo:
- Absolutely no hidden fees. They are honest and transparent on their website about the fees that they do charge their members for and the features that they do not charge for
- Varo processes direct deposits up to 2 days faster than traditional banks, meaning that if your coworkers get paid on Friday, you could already have your money on Wednesdays
- Gain access to membership perks such as up to 15% cashback on select purchases
Backed by multiple financial investors, Acorns is a financial app built to educate people about how to gain control of their money accounts, thanks to their simple and easy-to-use money app.
They offer an all-digital banking service that gives you complete control over your accounts, debit card, and investments, with no hidden fees.
Benefits of banking with Acorns Checking:
- No hidden fees. They are completely transparent on their website of the cost of their membership fees
- Instantaneous savings and investing rounded up from your spare change on all purchases to help you build your savings, investments, and retirement funds naturally
- Smarter direct deposit process that gets you your paycheck up to 2 days faster than traditional banks
What is ChexSystems?
Simply put, ChexSystems is a company that tracks your banking history. They keep track of your banking history and any mistakes you might have made in the past. Essentially, they act as a credit bureau for banks and credit unions.
When it comes to bank accounts, the social security number often identifies a customer. Banks contribute data about their customers’ health and activity levels for ChexSystems -a company that provides this information- can determine whether they should be reported as “Problem Account” or not.
If you’ve made any of these mistakes, a potential traditional bank might contact you and tell you that you’re not allowed to open a checking account with them. This is because they might use ChexSystems to screen their potential customers.
Along with your personal information, some items that that you’ll find on your ChexSystems record include:
- Any Fraud
- Too many transfers or withdrawals
- Excessive returned check (NSF) charges
- Unpaid fees
- Unpaid Negative accounts
- Inquiries from other banks
The list of reasons that banks report their customers to ChexSystems is extensive, but the above represent some common ones.
Advantages of no ChexSystem Banks
While many of these no ChexSystems banks (also known as second chance accounts) are online-based, they offer largely the same features as traditional, physical banks.
You can receive a debit card, a checking account, and have access to their online banking systems that will allow you to pay bills, view your account history, and more.
The main difference is that no ChexSystems banks do not discriminate against you because of your bad credit score and are instead more willing to work with you to help you rebuild your financial stability.
Additional advantages of no ChexSystem banks include:
- You’re not likely to get declined a personal loan or checking account because these banks don’t use ChexSystems as part of their approval process
- Fees for products and services are typically lower than at traditional banks
- Many offer no-monthly-fee checking accounts with no minimum balance requirement, which can be helpful for people who have recently had to declare bankruptcy or who are still in the process of repairing their credit history
Making the switch to a no ChexSystems bank can be an extremely beneficial decision for people with bad credit who are looking for a fresh start with their finances. By choosing one of the many reliable banks that don’t use ChexSystems, you can rebuild your credit score and start working towards a more financially stable future.
What’s the difference between no ChexSystems Banking and Second Chance Banking?
While no ChexSystem banks and Second Chance Banking share numerous similarities, no ChexSystems banks are not always Second Chance Banks.
No ChexSystems banks are banks that do not use ChexSystems as part of their approval process, meaning that if you have had issues with your finances in the past and are blacklisted from most other banks, no ChexSystems banks will still be willing to work with you.
A Second Chance Bank account, on the other hand, are banks that may use ChexSystems as part of their approval process, but they are more forgiving than most other banks and are willing to work with you to help you reestablish your financial stability.
If you have had trouble opening a checking or savings account due to your bad credit score, you may want to consider switching to no ChexSystems bank. By doing so, you can rebuild your credit history and start working towards a more financially stable future.
Pros and Cons of No ChexSystems Banks
- You can open an account with no ChexSystems bank if you are not a U.S. citizen.
- All of the no ChexSystems bank accounts listed are FDIC insured.
- There is no minimum balance requirement or monthly fee for checking accounts at most no ChexSystems banks.
- You can apply for an account online.
- You will receive a debit card with your no ChexSystems bank account.
- Customer service is typically excellent at no ChexSystems banks.
- Unlike traditional banks, some No ChexSystem banks do not offer a credit cards. at part of their program.
- Some No ChexSystem banks do not offer free credit check, credit report or credit score monitoring.
- Most no ChexSystems are online and do not have a local bank location.
No ChexSystems Banks FAQ
What information will I need to apply to the no ChexSystems Banks?
When you apply for an account with no ChexSystems bank, you will need to provide your name, address, date of birth, and social security. You’ll also need to provide information about your employment and your income.
How can I tell if these no ChexSystems banks are available in my area?
All of the listed banks are available in all 50 states.
Can I open a no ChexSystems bank account online?
Yes, you can open an account with most no ChexSystems banks online. In almost all cases, your transactions, including opening an account, will be online-only.
Will I receive a Debit Card?
Yes, you will receive a debit card when you open an account with no ChexSystems bank. You can use this debit card to withdraw cash and make purchases at merchants who accept debit cards. The card will function just like any other debit card.
Can I get a no ChexSystems bank account even if I am not a U.S. citizen?
Yes, you can open an account with no ChexSystems bank if you are not a U.S. citizen. You will need to provide identification and proof of your residency when you apply. The process may require you to take a few more steps, but once approved, the process is simple.
Do no ChexSystem Banks charge high fees?
No, no ChexSystems banks typically charge lower fees than traditional banks. In most cases, you will not have to pay a monthly fee for your checking account, and the minimum balance requirement is zero. With Chime and SoFi, there are no monthly fees.
Are no ChexSystems bank account be FDIC insured?
All of the no ChexSystems bank accounts listed are FDIC insured. This means that your money is safe and will be reimbursed if the bank fails. FDIC will insure up to $250,000 per depositor.
What if I have a problem with my no ChexSystems bank account?
If you have a problem with your no ChexSystems bank account, you can contact the customer service department for assistance. You can resolve any issues by speaking to a customer service representative in most cases. Most non-ChexSystems bank have excellent customer service.
Wrapping It Up
If you have had trouble opening a checking or savings account due to your bad credit score, it’s a good option to consider a no ChexSystems bank. These banks offer the same services as traditional banks, but they are more forgiving regarding your banking history. You can open a new checking account with free access to their mobile apps regardless of your negative banking history.
In most cases, your monthly fee will be lower or free compared to traditional banks, and you’ll have no minimum account balance requirement. You can also open an account online and receive a debit card.
Finally, all no ChexSystems bank accounts listed are FDIC insured, meaning your money is safe.